This is my first blog post in which I will publicly admit that I enjoy making fun of my kids. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly, but some of the ridiculousness that comes out of their mouths leaves me with my mouth wide open wondering if something went awry in the womb. My kids are the best and most exhausting thing that has ever happened to me. I wish I could remember so much more of what I was like when I was a kid. I want to be able to show my kids that they had pretty awesome personalities as children and this will be my ongoing documentation of some pretty random things they have said.
My son, Sydney is 7. There is a lot going on with Sydney. he has been in Speech Therapy since he was 1. There is nothing wrong with my boy, those L sounds are just a pain in the bunzers for him get out of his mouth. He is as stubborn a child as I have EVER met, he is picky to no end, does not care what he wears and loves bedtime. He has taught me that life is about picking your battles and remembering that for all those days that he is grumpy and the majority of our conversations include me trying to reason with him while he grunts at me and plugs his ears don't overshadow the days that he forgoes his Lego's to snuggle with me on the couch and have me read to him.
Inside that stubborn brain is a brilliant, fearless, perfectionist who has a memory like an elephant. If a Lego creation is to be built, all sides must be identical in terms of color and Lego piece used. Although this is cool in the end, an all out war against the Lego's will ensue if the right piece cannot be found. When I tell Sydney Bean's stories, I will tell them the way it sounds coming out of his mouth because it just sounds so much better this way. I love my boy!
Sammy Sweetpea is my girl, she is 6, she is completely awesome, calm, cool and collected. Sam and Sydney could not be more opposite in personality. Sam is not fearless, she is overly cautious. She, like the cowardly lion, could use a little more courage. Sam doesn't really care about TV or toys, she cares about what I am doing at all times. She is my shadow. Sam will eat anything and if food is involved, she is all in. Sam hates jeans, they are itchy and tight. Sweatpants are the only way to go.
I don't think either kid wins in the weird verbalizing category. I also don't think my kids say funnier/stranger things than any other kid. I do think that it is important that all of their strangeness be written down for them to read when they are adults. I think they will love and appreciate who they were as a child.
No comments:
Post a Comment